Real Country 101.7 WLQM-FM Station Profile
WLQM-FM serving the cities of Suffolk, Franklin, and the counties of Southampton, Isle of Wight, Sussex, and Greensville in Virginia and Northampton, Gates, and Hertford Counties in North Carolina.
Real Country 101.7 Listeners
Adults 35+ in Western Tidewater Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina with our core audience residing in their mid-40’s. Real Country 101.7 listeners are active, family-oriented, and financially stable adults.
Listeners rely on Real Country 101.7 for news, NASCAR, weather, traffic, community events, community affairs programming, live play-by-play of high school sports, local personalities, and of course their favorite country from the 90’s through today.
Where Does Our Audience Listen…
- Traveling Routes US-58, US-258, US-460, VA-35 or one of our many back roads.
- On the Nottoway or Blackwater Rivers
- Commuting to and from work
- At work, around home, running errands around town
- Anywhere in the world! We stream live on this website 24/7.
Western Tidewater Market Size: 350,000
Real Country 101.7 Advertising Works!
- We are effective and affordable
- Radio is the mobile advertising medium, reaching people in homes, cars, at work, at play, and online
- Radio allows people to multi-task
- We offer a multi-media mix of broadcast, digital, and social media advertising platforms.
- We are the mirror of Western Tidewater. Real Country 101.7 provides local programming with engaging, entertaining, and informative content that is relevant and offers easy access.
- Real Country 101.7 Advertising Campaigns are customized for each individual business.
- Award winning broadcast commercial production and digital / social media design services.
Real Country 101.7 Music & Programming
Country hits of the 90’s, 2000’s, and today!
Our playlist features over 4,000 songs and artists including George Strait, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Kenny Chesney, Alabama, Carrie Underwood, Shania Twain, Old Dominion, and Maren Morris.
- Hourly World and National News
- Up-to-the-minute weather and traffic
- Live, local, on-air personalities
- Live broadcasts from community events
- Live high school sports
Family owned and operated for three generations, WLQM-FM broadcasts from the heart of Western Tidewater. Because we work, live, and play in this community, we deeply care about each advertiser’s experience.
Serving the cities of Suffolk and Franklin, the counties of Southampton, Isle of Wight, Sussex, and Greensville in Virginia and Northampton, Gates, and Hertford Counties in North Carolina.
Put the Power of Radio to Work for Your Business
Highly successful businesses consistently advertise for three reasons:
- Advertising replaces the 20%-30% of customers lost annually
- Advertising reaches people as they make buying decisions today
- Advertising builds “Top Of Mind Awareness”- they think of you first
Why Advertise On Radio?
Radio reaches “now” buyers plus “future” buyers
- Radio is intrusive: at home, work, car - can listen to radio everywhere
- Radio is affordable 7 days per week. Potential customers are deciding to buy your products & services daily. (Not just when you're open!)
- Future customers represent 90%-98% of people in the market tomorrow
- No production charges
Why advertise on Real Country 101.7 WLQM-FM?
We reach over 80% of the adults in Western Tidewater/Roanoke-Chowan market
- We target listeners in the age range of 35+ (very desirable demographic group)
- For the cost of one full page newspaper ad we can give you a full month of advertising
- Large commuter base in Western Tidewater
- RESULTS! Just ask many of our current advertisers...
How can I make money advertising on radio?
13-week and longer investments
- Long term impact = Long term business growth
- Consider voicing your own commercial for a personal invitation to do business
- Most importantly --- Invest in a marketing campaign
How do I get started?
We start with an initial meeting and series of questions to determine the strategy of your business and advertising goals. A follow up meeting is scheduled to present recommendations & findings for your business with a sound marketing approach. We believe by presenting marketing ideas for growth that are customized for your business, you will want to invest in radio advertising as much as we want to deliver results.
This is a no risk / no cost opportunity to have an objective analysis of your marketing & at least two new ideas to promote your business!
For more information contact:
Franklin Broadcasting Corporation